Saturday, September 3, 2011

Frigfry Friday

So it's the monthly Frigfry Friday where we naughty pirates of Amamake invite EVERYBODY to come to OUR system in frigates and fight. There are prizes to be won and a dedicated killboard for the event http://event.heretic-nation.com/

I wrote this as I went along from when I logged on until I went to bed at 4:30am local time a bit "worse for wear". If the commentary starts going down hill at any point that's probably where I finished the case of Strongbow and went onto Absolut!

I undock a Hawk. It's early morning for most of the west but it's lunchtime over here in the Middle East. There are a few friendlies at top belt. We get a tackle on a Merlin and there is an XXX in fleet. Bit odd I thought as I was going to leave him to it frig v frig but warp as I assume he's in trouble. No, he put the XXX in fleet to get attention before saying he want to solo that ship. We decide on a different call from now on!

A Thorax has been watching this so we decide to kill him. With just a 'ceptor, an AF and a frigate I swap the AF for a Kitsune.

http://sotf.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10559493

I take the Kitsune back and swap to a Hawk and get back to top belt. Now I knew that Hawk was ready to go, but as I land at top belt I notice two mods are offline. Apparently this is a common bug in Incarna 1.1 :(

Next up there is a Hawk at top belt. The other two guys I was with are gone so I'm solo. Feeling like a 1v1 so I burn at him. We engage. Obviously same exact fits. I frack it up good and proper by burning out my point and clicking the cap booster too early and some how it stops reloading. Fail! I know I'm going down so select celestrial and start spamming warp. But he gets me and pods me. But there is no pod bug is there in Incarna. Nooooooooooooooo /coughISKsinkcough

So nice new shiny clone and back to a.... erm.... I'll go for a Jaguar this time! Not enough cash to insure it! Log on alt, transfer more cash over to Drackarn, insure and undock. Stare at black screen whilst thinking what an ISK sink PvP is..... continue staring at black screen..... still all very black...... erm......my cursour is there.... I can pass the time wiggling that about..... 30 seconds must be up now. "Entering space" Finally! 7km from station. Good job there was nobody outside other that would have been two deaths from in-game bugs... sorry I mean Eve working as intended o.0

People in local are talking about the resident pirates so I give them a hearty "G'Aaaaaar" in local. After being asked if that was a mating call I re-educate them on Pirate chat-up lines from http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
1. Prepare to be boarded.



I catch a Rifter in top belt. He's got an epic tank. Seriously his armour must be over 9000!  Then I get the security status penalty message for killing him and he's still in armour on my screen. Try to warp, not working,  "Amamake, we have a problem. I'm sat at 0 in the top belt and hideously de-sync'd". I try to warp again, but I'm getting messages about guns deactivating from the fight that finished a while ago. Ctrl-Q! Log back in and I'm still in my ship! Phew

http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=153

Suddenly it all goes quiet as America goes to bed (I assume) and the Euro's are at work. So I go and do the weekly shop.

When I get back it's busier. Lot of kitey frigates about. So I swap from a close range Hawk and refit it with standard launchers. We catch an Ishkur after he landed in the belt.

http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=167

There are three Rifters that turn up and flying in a close pack. They are doing a good job flying together. So we engage. Unfortunately one of our members arrives in a Stabber Fleet Issue and engages as we all shout NOOOOOOOOOO. I've been posting this for a whole week all on the forum! All three go down.

http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=174
http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=173
http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=175

The offender is told to reimburse the pilots and to read the ****ing forums. Thrasher warps in at 0 to top belt. Seriously guys, there are fleets here. Ask for a 1v1 or bring a fleet. Don't roll into belt 1 without looking! Use a pounce!

http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=176

Erm......... OK. A Myrm lands next but gets out, however we get a warp in on a Merlin.

http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=178

And another Rifter.

http://event.heretic-nation.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=179

There's more, many more, but not going to keep posting them. Bored/drunk now!

Then all hell breaks loose! The un-piloted carrier that was being used to refit whilst GCC and also to store loot at a POS is bored by a neut. Who is that? That one of ours? How's he inside the forcefield. Did he just bored the carrier? Guys the carrier is warping off!

Queue unholy SHIT STORM!

10 minutes later a member of the same corp admits he was proving a point about lapse security!

The Minmitar Militia bring a cruiser and battlecruiser fleet. Nice lads, we expect that from the Amarr but you guys?

5 minutes later, Amarr Militia bring a frig gang, Yay!.... oh and with a T3 BOOOOOO!

We stick around they warp off after suffering greater losses :) Frigfry Fridays are fun!

They come back with more and hammer us. I lose my AF, the third(?) loss of the day. Wow, that's a lot on me!

http://sotf.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10561760

A Tempest Fleet Issue lands in the Amarr blob. I quickly swap to a Manticore, warp to them, tag the shiny and GTFO. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Loki, Proteus and triple Guardian with BS and BC land in top belt. Such a great way to join in Frigfry Fryday.

They warp off when a 60-man Eve University BS gang land next door in Dal!

FOR SMEGS SAKE IT'S FRIG FRY FRIDAY!



Anyway, a bit more killing until Minmitar ask for help as one of their POS's is under attack from the Amarr. Well that was a waste of an hour. Amarr have dreads and triage carrier. Midnight anf me an BlueJacket are tied. T1 frigate fight but I have no T1 frigate. So I watch the royal rumble from a distance almost nodding off.

Great day and thanks to Jude Lloyd/Heritic Army/BANE for organising it.

9.5 hours later and I'm polishing this post off with a massive hangover! Ouch. Congrats to Bluejacket CT of Percussive Diplomacy as top killer with 32 kills! http://event.heretic-nation.com/

2 comments:

  1. And he wasn't in a snarpy !!!1 Double congrats ! :)

    And indeed mad props to Heretic Army/Bane for putting in motion such a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now now, Blue may not have won, the mails need to be checked that they don't have none Frigs on them.

    ReplyDelete