Sunday, January 19, 2014

SCASSSS - Upgraded Eve "Command Centre"!

The wife came up to me the other week...

Wife - "So what do you want for your birthday?"
Me - "Well I would like....."
Wife - "Before you say it, I'm not making out with another woman!"
Me - "Damn it!!! Oh well, just surprise me then!"

So this weekend we went up to the capital with some friends (I have a mate here who has a birthday two days before mine) and had a weekend* of wine*, women*** and song****!

I get home on Saturday which is actually the day of my birthday to my surprise presents...

A 24" monitor and a new gaming keyboard!


Result! No more triple-boxing on two screens!


* The weekends are Friday/Saturday here.
** I didn't have wine, I stuck to cider and vodka.
*** The women were our wives.
**** One of the bars we visited during the pub-crawl had a band and they were playing some Guns and Roses. I got a few strange looks from our party as I was belting out Makalu Cries by Sindel Pellion!

4 comments:

  1. I should be ooohing and aaahhing over the rig but what I am really thinking is "I'm sure there was a can of 'bow on the desk on the pic he posted to Twitter".

    Mind you, I realised I had a stray can of Heineken on my How do you EVE post which has now been replaced by a bottle of Glenfiddich so I'm not accurate either!

    Fly like you drank it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly different photo taken next day. You are absolutely right, there was Strongbow in the pic I uploaded to Twitter :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday and gratz on the new rig, bud !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. That's a nice set-up and a very knowing wife!

    Last year when I heard my kids listening to pop music I found I only knew them by the Eve parody. That's slowed down recently, seems like there has been less out over the past 5-6 months or so.

    ReplyDelete