Monday, March 30, 2015

Fanfest The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Final Fanfest post from me giving a quick roundup (as two weeks off work means I'm super busy this week and have limited time)...


The Good

Most things to be honest. I had good chats with CCP Seagull, Explorer and others and Eve seems to be really on the right track.

The awesome community is still awesome and was great to finally meet some fresh faces for the first time like Rixx and Niden to name but two.

Reyka vodka.

The eclipse.


The new shop. BEER GLASSES! POSTERS! T-SHIRTS THAT ARE COOL AND REASONABLY PRICED!!!!

Drinking A LOT with other Eve nerds.

That Eve Valkyrie "trailer"


Tweetfleet hats from General Stargazer!

Chilling out in the blue lagoon.

This dude's T-shirt.


The Mittani - For an evil space overlord he his extremely friendly and approachable!


The Bad

NO EVE MOVIE MORNING! SERIOUSLY GUYS!

No new Permaband song. Although Killing is a Means is a tough act to follow. I hope CCP Guard follows up my suggested title for the next song - Boom Bitch!

The queue at the Eve Shop. 40 minutes being jostled by nerds. FML.

March Icelandic weather. It took my Tweetfleet hat from me :(

Not being able to get sufficient kebabs at the charity dinner buffet.

Those players who took way too much time with niche problems and bugs at the roundtables. "What happens if I complete a level 5 skill whilst jumping through a gate in a capital whilst injecting a booster, dropping fleet and changing corporations?". The CCP guys faces usually said it all.


The Ugly

The players who just didn't get Eve and want to be able to mine safely..... with no PvP.... in null-sec.

The cold.... it was so cold.....


I've already covered the major of the ugly from Fanfest in a post last week. Basically CCP give high-level concept ideas and suddenly everyone is doom-saying...

CCP Fozzie - We are going to look at the role of supercarriers.
Super pilots - FOZZIE IS GOING TO TURN OUR SUPERS IN LINK-SHIPS!

CCP Ytt.... The French Guy - Here are our high-level ideas on structures in the game.
WH Dwellers - ZOMG! CCP are going to destroy wormhole space by adding local, docking and cloning to it!!!

Hilmar - Welcome to Fanfest.....
Eve Players - NOOOOO! Hilmar is going to destroy Eve by saying hello to us....


All in all an excellent Fanfest and looking forward to 2016!

5 comments:

  1. This one got me :)

    "Hilmar - Welcome to Fanfest.....
    Eve Players - NOOOOO! Hilmar is going to destroy Eve by saying hello to us...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an excellent Fanfest and I had a blast! To be honest, from what I've seen and heard, I fully expected a certain level of stoopid in the roundtables - but being there in person was painful. It honestly sucked the life out of me in some cases. Oh well.

    Great hanging out with you my friend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you posted all your pictures? Pictures please :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also saddened by the lack of an eve moving morning! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. No movie morning? You were alive at that time? O.o
    I couldn't even open my eyes until at least half the movie morning had gone by (last fanfest)
    I salute your resolve to get out of bed at a reasonable time o7

    ReplyDelete