Wednesday, October 28, 2015

BB68 - My Cat's Bed aka Eve Online PC!

Welcome to the continuing monthly EVE Blog Banters and our 68th edition! For more details about what the blog banters are please visit the Blog Banter page.

This is my Rig, There are Many Like it...
What do you play Eve on? I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Are you pew-pewing on a laptop? Plotting universal domination on a 12 monitor set up? Mining away on a 50" TV? Is your set up located where your other half can speak to you or do you lock yourself away for hours in your Eve themed shed? How do you play your important internet spaceships?

Banter on!

-o0o-

My PC has many uses including a nice warm bed for Evie the cat.


However I prefer to use it for important internet spaceships.



You'll notice if you look hard most of the front of the tower has been pushed in. Because of Falcon cats. You'll also note that 6 months after I transported them from Iceland to the middle of the desert, my Rixx Javix posters are still not mounted on the wall because of reasons. They do hide the boxed PS3 though that I bought for Dust514 and then didn't like it.

 

On that table I also have my Eve stuffz including reading material on hand for references. The Empyrean Age, Templar One and Eve Source. "But where is The Burning Life" I hear you say. It is in one of the above photos and is serving an important part of my Eve Online life. Can you see it?


The PC is a Arabian Mau* modified Cooler Master nVidia case. Graphics is a Gigabyte GTX 760 2gb. CPU i5-3450 running at 3.5GHz. 8gb RAM. Nothing special really. Monitors have been added one at a time so running two (LG and Samsung) 24" widescreens (both 1920x1080) with a LG super-wide 2560x1080 in the middle. 

The Eve Probe screensaver looks good on them!


It can run 4 clients in max settings but I'm usually only running Drackarn on the middle one, zKillboard on the left (to check potential targets loss mails) and my digital shrine to Sindel on the right.




*That's the breed of Evie the cat who has battered the case!
** The Burning Life is under the centre monitor as the stand was too low compared to the others.
*** Before someone says it, yes, the electrical extensions are not ideal but housing here tends to have minimal wall sockets and anyway, everything is made of marble and concrete so nothing to catch fire!
**** Of course I don't have a digital shrine to Sin (other than the one I just made for this post). However, I just spent ages searching the web and Twitter for suitable images and then took the time put it together. So... yeah.... :s

6 comments:

  1. I very much want 3 or 4 large screens, because, well, pixels. Unfortunately I don't have enough room on my desk. I might ask Mrs Hermit if we can move to house with a much bigger study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the book... mistreating teh Lore... bad Drackarn, no donut.


    Hermit,
    One guy says to the other...
    "I have this game I want to play, now I have to find a house big enough to play it in..."

    OMGLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but I prefer old Tony G ;)

      Delete
    2. I asked Mrs Hermit if it was ok if we moved to a new home with a bigger study so I could fit in more screens. She said that was fine, as long as the house had a pool and larger garden. I don't want a pool or a bigger garden, because it would mean my remaining EVE time would be lost to cleaning them. I think I've been outsmarted.

      Delete
  3. Three monitors eh! Oh how I envy thee.... One day, when I grow up, I'll have three monitors also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi oi!

    http://diaries-of-a-space-noob.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/day-1233-bb68-back-in-saddle.html

    ReplyDelete