Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Pod and Planet Fiction Contest is On!

Its that time of year again. Telegram Sam has announced that the 2015 Pod and Planet Fiction Contest is live.


I've still got 3 billion ISK from last years prizes and the total pool this year is now over 50bn ISK!

As normal there are the three categories. 8000 Suns for canon-following fiction, A Day in the Life which relaxes the canon requirements for stories about ourselves and corps/alliances. Last but by no means least is the Things That Make You Swear and Curse comedy category where all (lore) bets are off. Whilst I really enjoy writing lore-based canon fiction I never seem to do very well. The best I've ever done was "The Wreck" which came in third place last year.

However I have had more success with my comedy entries. Its a bit of a funny one (pun intended) that my serious works don't do too well but my funny ones do. Oh well, an artist is never appreciated whilst he's still alive right? Right?


Well my past winners in the comedy category were The Briefing which won in 2013 and then in 2014 Angels and Sinners won and Artificial Stupidity took second place. Personally I thought Artificial Stupidity was the more funny of the two. I don't know, may be the Rixx Javix/Tuskers joke won it for the first one.

This year I have on draft I've been saving since the start of the year. Other than that I don't know. I have lots of ideas I note down when I think of a story line. Better see what's there so I can fail miserably at any sort of serious entries again.


Entries close mid-November so if you're going to have a go, better dip your nib in the ink soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your works again this year, mate! And thanks also for spreading the word about the contest. o7

    ReplyDelete