Wednesday, June 1, 2016

New Camera - Wut?

I've not been active recently I admit. In fact I'm not even sure when I last logged on before today. However, I logged on today to find the corp has moved 17 jumps away! Rather than moving everything with carriers needing 4-jumps and the resultant space-aids, I'll buy new over there. I'll fly a few of my nicer ships the long way and jump-clone back. May be I can blog as I go...

What the.....


So yeah. This is a shot of my Dramiel.... or not. More precisely, a front fork. Where is my ship? Zooming out a bit and I'm off to the right.


Now it doesn't take much to confuse me. But I'm confused. Try playing with the controls Drack! Oh you can do an "over the shoulder" view...


That's cool and... wait... where the frack is it spinning to now? Mmmm must be tracking something!


I wanted to do a post about trying to get a fight whilst moving these ships the 17 jumps. However this new camera thingy has me distracted! I had a look when this was implemented (as I have been so lacking lately and might just not be remembering) and it appears yesterday and some people are not happy bunnies.

A lot of rage in that thread and to be honest, whilst I'm not a fan of this offset camera, I'm not going to be unsubbing. I ask in corp what people think and Joffy advises me to uncheck all boxes in the camera settings like so...


...and to use "Shift-C" to turn the camera tracking on and off.

Ahhhhh that's better! If you don't like the new camera settings, that sort of puts it back to the way it was... ish...


3 comments:

  1. To make the new camera operate like the old camera, go into your settings and deselect all of the new camera options. It actually improves on the "snap-to" time when you click on a new object, without the shake-and-recoil that used to happen, which makes narrow-field dscanning much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously making the "New Camera" work exactly as the old one but with extra bells & whistles was too much for CCP. They just had to develop a solution to a problem that didn't existed, create a host of new problems and then don't fix them properly before calling it a day.

    And people still pays them money for this kind of sh*t...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it when it was up for test and hated it. Whatever you do don't go to a PI screen and try to come back while in warp - Vomit producing madness.

    ReplyDelete